After undergoing the transformative Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) procedure at Ohio SMP Studio in Columbus, OH, it’s crucial to pay attention to post-care instructions for the best healing and long-lasting results. Whether you’re new to SMP or a recent recipient, these essential guidelines will help you achieve a smooth and successful recovery, ensuring your SMP treatment looks its best.
What to Avoid After Your SMP
- Stay Dry, Avoid Excessive Sweating In the initial days after your SMP procedure, it’s essential to steer clear of excessive sweating. While this might be challenging for individuals in physically demanding jobs or living in warmer regions, excess sweating can cause premature fading of your scalp micropigmentation. Plan ahead and take a day or two off after the procedure to minimize sweating. If you do perspire lightly, gently blot it with a damp rag, but refrain from engaging in vigorous exercise, visiting saunas, or steam rooms to avoid excessive sweating during this crucial healing period.
- Put Shaving on Hold Give your scalp micropigmentation at least 72 hours to heal and settle before resuming your regular shaving routine. Even if you’re used to wet shaving or other methods like using a foil razor, hold off on them for about ten days to ensure the best results. Allowing the procedure to heal undisturbed will contribute to the longevity and visual appeal of your SMP treatment.
- Take a Break from Gyms and Exercise For the first 72 hours post-SMP, it’s advisable to avoid gyms and exercise. These places carry a risk of cross-contamination from other people’s sweat, which could hinder the healing process of your scalp micropigmentation. Give your procedure time to recover undisturbed, and after the initial 72 hours, you can return to your usual exercise routine with confidence.
- Be Cautious with Washing While bathing and showering are acceptable, hold off on washing your hair or scalp for the first 72 hours. A dry healing process, similar to most tattoos, is preferred for scalp micropigmentation. Avoid exposing your scalp to excessive water during this initial healing period. After the initial 72 hours, you can resume your regular hair care routine, taking care not to overdo it.
- Shield Your Scalp from the Sun In the first 72 hours, as well as ideally for the following 10 days, avoid sunbathing and any form of tanning. Sunburns on your scalp can hinder the healing process and lead to premature fading of the pigmentation. If you’re in sunny areas, protect your scalp by wearing a clean hat and using a good sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to shield it from the sun’s harmful rays.
Conclusion These are the five crucial post-care instructions to ensure a successful recovery after your SMP procedure at Ohio SMP Studio, the premier SMP artist’s studio in Columbus, OH. While some guidelines may vary based on individual preferences, adhering to these basics will significantly contribute to the longevity and impressive appearance of your scalp micropigmentation. For more educational content and personalized advice, feel free to reach out to us. At Ohio SMP Studio, we are dedicated to providing the best SMP experience to the Columbus community and beyond. If you cannot visit our studio, we’ll gladly guide you to a qualified scalp micropigmentation artist in your area.